If you don’t know already, I’m a HUGE Harry Potter fan! I even named my dog Dobby and today is his birthday! To celebrate I made him a quick and easy no baked “Golden Snitch” dog treats!
Last year for Dobby’s first birthday, we kept it low key and just celebrate with a homemade cake. This year for his 2nd birthday I decided I would throw him a Harry Potter themed birthday…of course, that’s what normal people do for their furbaby right? I was trying really hard to think of a treat I can make for Dobby that would fit with the Harry Potter theme. I wanted it to be quick and easy and no baking involved! I got the no baked treat idea from Damn Delicious (love her!), but the treats alone was missing that magical Harry Potter touch. The idea to turn the treats into Golden Snitch came to me while I was eating my Greek yogurt! From there I sorta winged the recipe (pun intended).
No Baked “Golden Snitch” Dog Treats – makes about 8-10 treats
- 1/2 Cup canned pumkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 small container of Greek yogurt
- In a bowl, mix your pumpkin, peanut butter, and milk.
- Slowly add in your oats to the wet mixture and stir until oats are incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scooper to help form balls. Place treat balls on wax or parchment paper. Freeze for about 30 mins or until firm.
- Trace wings onto parchment paper or you can free hand (I don’t have those skills). Flip paper over so that you’re not pipping yogurt on ink side.
- Scoop some yogurt into a ziplock bag or a pipping bag. Snip off one tiny corner of the bag and begin pipping your wings. You want to make the wings fairly thicker on the ends just so it won’t break off so easily. After pipping, place in freezer for about 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, you are ready to assemble! I poked holes on the side of my balls just so it would be easier to insert wings. Peel the wings off the paper (be extra careful while doing this!) and insert into the balls. I put the finished Snitches back in the freezer for another 10 mins just so the wings will set into the balls.
This recipe is also human friendly if you add honey and nuts to form your balls.