Today is very special to me…it’s Dobby’s first birthday. Dobby by the way is my dog. Last year, my bf and I were talking about how we needed a new addition to the family. We were thinking about fur babies instead of just babies. In came Dobby. He made our life complete.
Today we celebrate Dobby’s birthday with a homemade ‘pupcake’. I’ve made treats for him before in the past, in which I will share in future posts, but I wanted his birthday cake to be extra special. It’s really easy to make and yummy…according to Dobby’s clean plate. People might think I’m crazy to go all out for my dog, but he is a member of our family and I know he loves us dearly. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done for your dog?
Dobby’s Pupcake – 1 mini size two tier cake or 4 ‘cupcakes’
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tablespoon peanut butter
2 Tablespoon applesauce
1 ripe banana, mashed
Half of a carrot – shredded
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoon honey
1 egg, whisked
Frosting and decorations:
1 small container plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all batter ingredients and mix until combined.
- Divide batter evenly into mini cake tin or fill 3/4 of the way in cupcake tins
- Bake for about 20-30mins. To check for doneness, stick a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If the toothpick is clean when you removed it, it’s done.
- Let cool on a cooling rack 5-10mins
- Frost with yogurt. You can frost the back of each milk bones with a little peanut butter and stick it onto the cake like I did. You can even heat up a little peanut butter and drizzle it all over the cake. Dobby loves peanut butter.
I hope your dog enjoys it, I know Dobby did.